This program has been established by the First United Methodist Church of Decatur as a service to the community. Our purpose is to provide physical, intellectual, and emotional care in a loving, christian environment. First United Methodist Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, race, color or national origin.
Mondays and Wednesdays
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
September – May
For more information, contact Amber Terrell at 940-390-9307 or [email protected].
Co-Director and 4’s Teacher
Amber is a graduate of the University of North Texas and has been a public school teacher for four years.
Co-Director and 2’s Teacher
Katie graduated from Northwest Christian College and was a first grade teacher for 8 years. She moved to Texas 4 years ago and loves teaching the 2s.
Check back soon for updated registration forms!
In our interactions with the children our goals are:
- To affirm that each child is a child of God.
- To see each child as an individual.
- To respond lovingly to the needs of each child.
- To constantly emphasize the essential goodness of each child and the power of love to teach us all.
Our specific objectives are:
- To help the child feel good about himself/herself.
- To help the child learn to get along with others.
- To develop the natural curiosity of each child by letting him/her explore and discover for himself/herself.
- To help the child become aware of and to use his/her senses.
- To help the child develop good work habits.
- To help each child to develop self-control.
- To help each child develop muscular coordination.
- To help each child to express himself/herself through music.
- To introduce concepts in math, writing, and reading only as each child is ready for them.
- To help each child become aware of the existence of a loving God through a loving environment.