This program has been established by the First United Methodist Church of Decatur as a service to the community. Our purpose is to provide physical, intellectual, and emotional care in a loving, christian environment. First United Methodist Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, race, color or national origin.
Mondays and Wednesdays
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
September – May
For more information, contact Diane Howell at 972-742-6614 or [email protected].
Diane Howell, a native of Nashville, TN, graduated from Auburn University with a double major in Education and Spanish. She has taught in schools and served at Methodist churches in Nashville, Los Angeles, Annapolis, Birmingham and most recently Mckinney and Frisco, Tx.
Enrollment for the 22/23 school year is open!
In our interactions with the children our goals are:
- To affirm that each child is a child of God.
- To see each child as an individual.
- To respond lovingly to the needs of each child.
- To constantly emphasize the essential goodness of each child and the power of love to teach us all.
Our specific objectives are:
- To help the child feel good about himself/herself.
- To help the child learn to get along with others.
- To develop the natural curiosity of each child by letting him/her explore and discover for himself/herself.
- To help the child become aware of and to use his/her senses.
- To help the child develop good work habits.
- To help each child to develop self-control.
- To help each child develop muscular coordination.
- To help each child to express himself/herself through music.
- To introduce concepts in math, writing, and reading only as each child is ready for them.
- To help each child become aware of the existence of a loving God through a loving environment.